Saturday, February 7, 2015

MEMORIES - 6 FEB 2015


Warm Springs Cemetery
Kirk and Paula delivered the monument to Warm Springs cemetery today.  Tim had made arrangements with Ryan Udall & Kevin May to have a backhoe available to put it in place.  Providently, Tim did not have to work and was able to operate the backhoe so the job could be completed.  It was such a great experience to see two of my boys working together -- wonderful memories of that cooperation learned on the farm.

The monument is stunningly beautiful and fitting as a tribute to our family --  representing "the rock quarry" chapter of our lives.

The "Flintstone Bench" is a memorable reminder of its original, that was created at the Stockton farm when the pipeline from the canyon was being installed.  The boulders and large rock slab were taken from the trench somewhere in Soldier Canyon.  It provides a place for me to sit and gaze at my favorite side of the monument.  Our two plots are encircled by sparkly head-size boulders, giving the entire site a homey, welcoming aura.


Bedroom
The other big project was to make my bedroom -- craft/work room -- more user-friendly.  I removed the king-size, pillow-top mattress and replaced it with a full-size bed (supplied by Jenna's family) which has a pretty headboard.  Kirk and Tim helped to set up the bed.  They also moved my work table to the east wall so I have access to the bookcase Dad built on the west wall.  My sewing machine desk and chests filled with sewing supplies remain against the west wall.  Containers of yarn (which are now stored in my closet) will be arranged so that I can see the colors I have stored.

I am exhausted and suffering from extremely sore muscles, but am excited about getting things organized again.  Also looking forward to some de-junking. 


Big craft projects on my agenda:  "Rising Stars", Threads in My Tapestry" (personal history), School Clothes (creation of several skirts to take to BYU-I this fall), Watkins' Family Anthem (laminating copies of new words I've composed to be sung to tune of I Am a Child of God), and Christmas Gifts (color circles, etc.).


No comments:

Post a Comment